PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION NOTICE
Last updated June 2021
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW WE PROTECT MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU. IT ALSO EXPLAINS HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE IT, AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
1. Private Health Information (PHI) is information that can be used to identify you. It may contain data about your health or condition, health care services you get, or the payment for such health care.
2. Protected health information is hosted in our HIPAA compliant email and cloud service. Our messaging communications with you, and as between us and our staff, are end-to-end encrypted. When you contact us, the phone number or email address you use will be shown. For your protection, we recommend that you choose to automatically delete messages and call logs after 30 days.
3. We will use and disclose your PHI for many different reasons. Some of the uses or disclosures will require your prior written authorization; others, however, will not.
4. We may use and disclose your PHI without your consent for treatment, to obtain payment for treatment and services, when disclosure is required by federal, state, or local law, or when necessary to comply with a court order or law enforcement.
6. You have the right to inspect, copy, or remove your protected health information. Contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights or for further information about this policy. You can also write to us at 26500 Aguora Rd, Ste 102, Calabasas, CA 91302, and we will respond within 30 days. Under certain circumstances, we may need to deny your request, but if we do, we will give you, in writing, the reasons for the denial. We will also explain your right to have the denial reviewed. If you ask for copies of your PHI, we will charge you not more than $.25 per page.
7. The “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top indicates when this policy was last revised and you accept the revised policy if you continue to obtain our services.